Zhi Cai (A.Prof./Ph.D.)
I am an Associate Professor in Big Data and Artificial Intelligent Group, College of Computer Science, Faculty of Information Technology, Beijing University of Technology.
I worked as a Post-doc at Department of Computing and Math, Manchester Metropolitan University, from where I also received my Ph.D. in Computer Science in 2011 (supervisor Prof. Georgios Fakas). I also did a short visit at the Department of Computer Science, The University of Hong Kong in 2014 (supervisor Prof. Nikos Mamoulis). I obtained M.Sc. Degree of Computer Science from Health and Bio-informatics Group, School of Computer Science, The University of Manchester in 2007 and B.Sc. of Computer Science from Computer and Communication Engineering School, Tianjin University of Technology in 2006.
- Information Retrieval
- Keyword Search and Ranking Algorithm
- Geosocial Data Mining
- Spatio-temporal Data Analysis
- Ontology Engineering
- Zhi Cai, Gongyu Sun, Xing Su, Tong Li, Limin Guo, Zhiming Ding: Visual Analysis of Land Use Characteristics Around Urban Rail Transit Stations. IEEE Trans. Intelligent Transportation Systems (T.ITS). Early Access (2020) [new, paper]
- Zhi Cai, Xuerui Cui, Xing Su, Limin Guo, Zhining Liu, Zhiming Ding: Continuous road network based Skyline query for moving objects. IEEE Trans. Intelligent Transportation Systems (T.ITS). Early Access (2020) [new, paper]
- Zhi Cai, George Kalamatianos, Georgios John Fakas, Nikos Mamoulis, Dimitris Papadias: Diversified Keyword search on spatial RDF data. VLDB Journal. To appear (2020) [new, paper]
- Zhi Cai, Xuerui Cui, Xing Su, Limin Guo, Zhiming Ding: A Novel Vector Based Dynamic Path Planning Method in Urban Road Network. IEEE-Access 8: 9046-9060 (2019) [paper]
- Zhi Cai, Tong Li, Xing Su, Limin Guo, Zhiming Ding: Research on Analysis Method of Characteristics Generation of Urban Rail Transit. IEEE Trans. Intelligent Transportation Systems (T.ITS) Early Access: 1-13 (2019) [paper]
- Zhi Cai, Fujie Ren, Juncheng Chen, Zhiming Ding: Vector-Based Trajectory Storage and Query for Intelligent Transport System. IEEE Trans. Intelligent Transportation Systems (T.ITS) 19(5): 1508-1519 (2018) [paper]
- Zhi Cai, Fujie Ren, Yuanying Chi, Xibin Jia, Lijuan Duan, Zhiming Ding: Multi-vehicles dynamic navigating method for large-scale event crowd evacuations. GeoInformatica 22(2): 435-462 (2018) [paper]
- Georgios John Fakas, Zhi Cai, Nikos Mamoulis: Diverse and Proportional Size-l Object Summaries Using Pairwise Relevance. VLDB Journal. 25(6): 791-816 (2016) [paper]
- Georgios John Fakas, Zhi Cai, Nikos Mamoulis: Diverse and Proportional Size-l Object Summaries for Keyword Search. SIGMOD Conference 2015: 363-375 [paper]
- Yujian Li, Houjun Li, Zhi Cai: Fast Orthogonal Haar Transform PatternMatching via Image Square Sum. IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell. (T.PAMI) 36(9): 1748-1760 (2014) [paper]
- Georgios John Fakas, Zhi Cai, Nikos Mamoulis: Versatile Size-l Object Summariesfor Relational Keyword Search. IEEE Trans. Knowl. Data Eng. (T.KDE) 26(4): 1026-1038 (2014) [paper]
- Georgios John Fakas, Zhi Cai, Nikos Mamoulis: Size-l Object Summaries for Relational Keyword Search. PVLDB 5(3): 229-240 (2011) [paper]
- Georgios John Fakas, Zhi Cai: Ranking of Object Summaries. ICDE, DBRank workshop: 1580-1583 (2009) [paper]
- Find more in DBLP entry.
Research Grants and Awards
- PI, Industrial Internet Innovation Project, 2020-2022.
- PI, Beijing Natural Science Foundation, 2017-2020.
- PI, Database System and Ontology Engineering related Industrial Project, 2016-2018.
- PI, Beijing Natural Science Foundation, 2014-2016.
- PI, Spatio-temporal Data Mining related Industrial Project, 2013-2014.
- PI, State Education Ministry Foundation, 2013-2014.
- PI, Beijing Human Resources and Social Security Bureau, 2013.
- PI, Overseas Research Student Award Schema (ORSAS) from British Government, 2008-2011.
- UG: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (fall 2012-2017)
- UG: Intelligent Information Processing (fall 2014-Now)
- PG: Spatial Dataset Management (fall 2019)
Info updated at 25/Feb/2020
- Email: caiz[AT]bjut.edu.cn
- Addr: Info Building- South 303A, Beijing University of Technology, Beijing, China P.R. 100124